- try to get a direct flight if you are flying with a 2 year old
- If you can’t get a direct flight, try to optimize for short flights with long layover rather than short layover and long flights
- If you can’t or didn’t do that, make sure you have purchased a season or two of your child’s favorite show for watching on the ipad in flight
- Be prepared for people to be upset at your kid
- If you lose your ID on a trip, you can use other cards (and your family) to vouch for you. The price you pay for this is a TSA agent swinging his penis around so you know he’s in charge
We flew to Oklahoma to visit my wife’s dad. It was a fun trip and really neat to see flat lands once again. It can get a little claustrophobic living amongst the foothills, here. But it was also dry and cold and there was no green left in the world. We were all happy to come back to west of the Cascades where things are still green. We missed some rain and mist, and came back in time for the start of some sunny winter weather. Huzzah!
Still running, and am working my way up to a half marathon in March. Glad to live in the Pacific Northwest where it’s possible to train outside all year long!
Lastly, I purchased a new domain and am looking to migrate this site. Am tired of having a vaguely porn-sounding domain name. I will keep you appraised as things develop.